"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Visit

We have been so busy recently we barely have time to even sit on the couch, hence the reason I am barely getting around to this blog post!  As most of you are aware we are in the adoption process and are in talks with a great birth-mom, to reassure her we weren't crazies and to give us the assurance we can make an open adoption work with her she came to visit!  The week leading up to her visit I was continually asked if we were nervous to meet her.  Surprisingly I was not nervous at all, so then I started to think maybe there was something wrong with us since we weren't nervous.  But whenever we talk to her or pray for her we always feel a connection with her, which is hard to put words to.  So no we weren't nervous!
The day she was supposed to fly in there was a horrible snow storm in Idaho and so her shuttle was extremely delayed in getting to the Boise airport.  Her plane was to leave at 7:30, at 7:00 when I texted her she still had not arrived in Boise.  I can honestly say this was the first time I started to stress/be nervous for this trip.  I was worried she would miss her plane and be stuck in Boise for the night.  Thankfully, she made it just in time!
Whenever meeting anyone new you always worry it may be a little awkward at first, but when we got to the airport to pick her up everything just seemed to click.  There were no awkward periods at all, it was as if we were all just old friends and had known each other for a long time!  For me it was amazing how quickly I was able to connect with her, I thought I loved and appreciated her before but after spending the weekend with her my respect/appreciation has grown enormously.  I am super excited for this little baby and I hope she is just like her mom, because we love her!
Friday we went to Pike Place.  It was the typical Pike Place.  Oley loves to go and could spend days there! 
Overlooking the Water

Just a classic Pike Place Pig
The Disgusting Gum Wall


Lauralynn loves these things so we always have to get one in remembrance of her!

One day I am going to ride that ferris wheel, probably not though looks to freaky!

We see something new every time we go down there.  



After we sufficiently covered all of Pike Place she showed us her favorite Red Robin, and we are so glad she did!  So Awesome!  Right on the Pier!
Definitely going to eat here again!
We tried to beat traffic as best we could on a Friday afternoon.  Oley made some horrible tasting ice cream that night, but we were able to just chillax at home and talk, which was good!
Saturday Oley wanted to go to Buttered Biscuit for Breakfast.  Unfortunately it's losing it's awesomeness in my eyes, but Oley still loves it.  We hadn't really planned anything for Saturday so drove up to Point Defiance and then all decided we just wanted to lounge around at the house so headed back home.  It was a beautiful day there though.

I am glad that we decided to play it low-key.  I learned a few new card games, one in which I must practice so I don't lose again, and Oley was able to make up for the horrible ice cream the night before!  We were sad to see her go on Sunday morning, but I am super excited for future plans we have with her! 
When we first started the adoption process and our case-worker told us that once selected she would put our profile on hold so no other mom's could contact us I was a little terrified (especially with our previous experience), but when our case-worker told us this past week she was putting our profile on hold it was a huge relief and we are so very thankful for our birth-mom and her family, we are excited for relationships we will get to have with them!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun! I'm jealous you get to eat pretty close to authentic Russian snacks.

    Is she taller than you? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me, cause everyone is taller than you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! We are glad it went well! Can't wait to meet the new member of our family, and maybe someday her wonderful birth mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...