"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Surprise Visit

With our packed schedules Oley and I have spent very little time at the house the past two weeks, so when my sister called on Wednesday to let me know that they would be here sometime Friday for a weekend visit I was surprised, yet excited!  Unfortunately, our weekends aren't any less busy than the weekdays recently.  Friday night Oley had a camp out with the boy scouts planned, so I took the family out to dinner and we visited back at home.  I bought Ryker and I matching chucks, his are still a little big! 
Saturday morning I had a soccer game in Tacoma, but Oley was able to have camp all cleaned up and the boys home in time to cook the family some brunch before we headed to Point Defiance to try and get some pictures of Ryker.Who are we kidding looking at pictures is way better than reading, so I hope you are prepared for picture overload!





Lucky for Oley and I we got to chaperone a youth dance Saturday night, so while the rest of the family went to Grandma and Grandpa's to visit we went and got our groove on with the youth!  Interesting how different our generations are!!
Sunday morning we drove up to listen to Damon speak before serving in the Alpine Germany mission.  It was great to get to spend some time with the family, and Dinky was so excited to have Ryker back to run around with. 
I absolutely love my Grandma

Ryker and Dinky loved playing together

Ryker and I made a log cabin out of sticks


Me and my Goofball
We definitely aren't ready for what the world has in store for us tomorrow, but we loved getting to spend time with the family this past weekend!  We probably won't get to see them again for awhile, or at least until we decide it's time to take a trip to Idaho. . . who knows!  It was great to get to hear Damon speak before he leaves and we are super excited for all the adventures he will get to have in Germany! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...