"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Saturday, September 20, 2014

16 Months

As Ad grows so does her vocabulary, appetite, and desire to be on the move.  She has now mastered multiple different animal noises - pigs, horses, sheep, lion, cows, snakes, dogs, cats, elephants, and will even beat her fists on her chest to make an ape noise.  She loves to say bye to people with the blow of a kiss and blows kisses to everyone she meets.
She continues to eat and eat and eat and doesn't gain a pound, lucky little girl! 



 
 She is definitely a little busy body - always up to something.  


 She loves her baby that Liz got her, but her blanky is still a must have no matter where she is or what she is doing. 


Reading is still one of her favorite things to do.    

As we get ready for Oley to start school next Monday he texted me saying I think Ad knows I am leaving soon, she is super clingy and fussy today.  When I got home and picked her up I could tell that she was running a fever.  Upon further inspection she had a fever of 101 degrees so we gave her some Tylenol, she laid with me for a little bit and then she started to feel better so I let her down to play. 
We thought that she was better and then as quick as I could snap my fingers she was back to burning up and being miserable again.  I checked her temp again and it was 103 so we gave her some Motrin and hoped that would bring it down.  She laid in bed with me and I would check her temperature periodically to make sure she wasn't too hot.  She was running at about 104 most of the night and then it spike to 105.  After calling Robyn and my mom they said just keep medicating her and trying to cool her off.  Finally it came back down to 100 by 3 AM.  Our poor little bug.  The next day she was fine and then that evening she got another fever.  It never got quite as high as the first night but once she finally kicked the fever she was back to her busy little self!
We are so excited for Oley to be going back to school, but realize it's going to be a whole lot different around the house.  Ad will be going to the neighbor's 4 days of the week.  She absolutely loves other kids, the neighbor has 3 little girls all under the age of 5 so there will be a lot of kids to play with, but with far less germs as a daycare.  She has always been home with Oley all day long and so it's going to be a huge change, but I think it will be great for her and it will definitely be good for me to get to get off work a little bit earlier and spend more time with her during the afternoons.  I can't believe it's already been 16 months.  I am so glad that Oley has been able to stay home with her for this long. I am anxious for him to finish up his schooling so that I will be able to stay home with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...