"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Friday, September 26, 2014

Oley's First Week of School

The dreaded day had come when Oley would begin his trips to Spokane for school.  He has been so excited all summer to be doing this!  I am excited for him but I am also super worried about how I am going to be able to juggle being a mom to Adelé, working, being the first counselor in the young women's and just keeping up with life.  It's only Monday through Thursday, but that's Monday through Thursday!!!  His cousin is kind enough to let him stay with her family in Spokane during the week and then he will drive home Thursdays after class.  On Sunday night we said our goodbyes and prayed for Heavenly Father to help me through the next 9 months.  
Adelé didn't even blink an eye saying goodbye to dad, I am glad she is still young enough she doesn't really get it.  We played the rest of the day on Sunday and prepared for the week ahead of us.  

Waking Adelé up in the mornings was one of the things I was worried about.  I have blocked my work schedule so that on Mondays I don't need to be in until a little bit later so that it gives us a little buffer.  She woke up with no problem.  
We are blessed enough to have a family in our ward that is willing to let Adelé come play with her 3 little girls during the day.  When I went to drop her off I thought that she was going to scream.  She didn't cry at all.  Luckily I am also able to work my schedule that I am able to take off a little bit earlier in the afternoons so that I can spend the afternoon with her.   She loves to build with her blocks.
The fourth week of the month is always the hardest for me at work.  I have 7 AM meetings Tuesday-Thursday.  Tuesday I knew was going to be hard to be able to get her up and to the neighbor's house and me to work by 7.  But we were successful!  She was really sleepy when I dropped her off on Tuesday so there was no crying then either.  2 for 2!  We played out in the yard that afternoon before she got so exhausted she wanted to go to bed. 

Wednesdays are always hard days.  I have a standing 7 AM meeting at work and then we have mutual until 8:30 at night.  These are the days that I know are going to be the toughest.  But we made it through!
 We went to the skating rink for mutual.  Adelé loved all the loud music and the strobe lights.



Thursday FINALLY arrived!  The day that Oley would be home.  Since this all began on the 4th week of the month and that week is always the most difficult I only went into work long enough for my 7 AM meeting and then came home and worked from home the rest of the day.  It was so good to be home with Adelé.  Although it made me realize even though I think I am gone from her a lot during the day in all reality she still takes a 2.5-3 hour nap in the early afternoon so she really isn't even awake most of the time while I am at work.  By Thursday we were both kind of tired.  But were so excited that Oley came home.  
We have made it our routine that when we get home from the babysitter we play outside for 30 minutes to an hour before she eats dinner.  Then we go for a run and stop and play at the park, being able to spend more time with her this week has been such a blessing.  


The Lord has definitely watched out for us this week.  I know that this is what we are supposed to be doing even though there are going to be good and bad weeks, in the end it will all pay off.  Adelé and Oley get to spend all day Friday together and then we are all together on the weekends.  It's going to be a long 9 months, but we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...