"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Family Home Entertainment

The past few weeks we have been so busy getting ready for Christmas and working we haven't gone on any new crazy adventures, but that doesn't mean we haven't spent some great nights at home entertaining ourselves.  Ever since the day Oley got glasses I continue to ask him why he doesn't want contacts.  One evening after he brought me my contact case, I discovered I had forgotten I had changed contacts that morning so had my old ones still in the case.  Lucky for him I lovingly let him try out my old contacts. . . which resulted in a great laugh! Funniest night ever!

The puppies have had some great nights as well.  They got a Christmas card from cousin Ryker, and have loved having the tree to sit under. 

With all the good there had to be some worry somewhere right?  Well Lily, our little explorer, gave us a scare once again this time with chicken bones.  Our little scavenger found some and Oley wasn't able to tell whether she had eaten any or not, but once he told me I just had to search handy-dandy google and learn of all the awful side effects - you know you all do this same thing.  After a lot of research we opted not to go to the emergency vet, it said that if they are able to get the bones down without choking then most of the risk is eliminated.  But I was still worried, as any good pet owner would be, so I worked from home most of the day the next day to be with her.  I am glad I have such a flexible job that allows me to do things like this, but I am even more grateful that our little baby was okay.  
Lastly and most likely the best event that occurred was the white elephant gift that I got at my office Christmas party.  I was so excited for this ninja turtle snuggie that I just couldn't wait to show Oley his new snuggie.   He absolutely hates them, and makes fun of me ruthlessly whenever I use my WSU one so I just knew he was going to love this or hopefully it will grow on him!
Honestly who couldn't love this?  Awesome, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...