"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

That's right you read that right, we bought our very first ever Christmas Tree this weekend!!  Okay I am sure there are a few of you reading this thinking what in the heck you have been married 5 years and never had a Christmas tree, well yes and no.
In the past we have had this pink Christmas Tree.  Okay, so we have some explaining to do.  While we were both going to school full-time and working full-time we literally were at our house long enough to sleep and on Sundays.  As soon as finals were over and Christmas break hit we would head home to spend the holidays with the family.  Therefore neither of us 1) had time to put up a tree and all the time it consumes during finals, and 2) never felt we really NEEDED one where we would be at our parent's house for Christmas, so this pink tree has served us well for the past 5 years. 
But this year since neither of those circumstances are applicable we went and bought our very own, real, First Christmas Tree!  I did not think I would ever be this excited, but I am in Love with it!  Friday night in the down pouring rain, serious in like the eye of the storm, I made Oley come help me pick out a tree.  We then stopped at Wal-Mart and got the decor for the tree, I was super anxious to get things going!  But since the tree was soaked we wanted to let it dry out a bit on the porch before we brought it in.  So while in the Christmas spirit I got the Christmas Cards all addressed!  Yay!
Then on Saturday morning, after Oley finished helping some ward members get packed into their moving truck, he brought the beauty into the house! The dogs were very curious! 
While I put the garland and nativities up around the house Oley got the lights and tinsel put on the tree, and then we worked together getting the ornaments on, tying the bows and enjoying having it in our home!

I keep requesting that Oley cut the top off so it looks normal, and for some reason he won't, so it looks all goofy becuase we went with a bow rather than a star, but I love it all the same!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you guys finally realized that a tree is essential to having in a house. I'm super excited (and jealous that you have a real one!) for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...