"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Monday, November 26, 2012

To Love is To Serve

I have never been as sad as I was this time to have to switch callings.  Yes, I truly loved my little 4-year olds and I loved spending every Sunday morning with them, but the past 5 months that I have been able to teach the Laurels I have grown to sincerely love them.  Since we had stake conference last week I have known that I was going to be released and called to be the First Counselor in the YW Presidency for 2 weeks.  I think it was probably better I had that much time to switch my frame of mind of being sad I was being released as the laurel adviser to joy that I would still get to be involved with these girls, although it didn't make it any easier as I taught my last lesson on Sunday.  The youth these days are so strong, I thought it was bad 7 years ago when I was their age but I am amazed every week as they come and share their testimonies in class.
As I reflect why this calling was so hard for me to leave compared to ones I have had in the past it simply came down to the simple fact I truly love these girls.  Yes I would pray before I prepared lessons for my primary children, but I never prayed daily for guidance in how I could help shape the lives of the 4-year olds like I did my Laurels and I sincerely believe that was the difference.  These girls were constantly on my mind and I was constantly praying for them.  Although I am confident they are in very good hands and as I transition into leading the Mia Maids I know that I will learn to love not only the Laurels of our ward but all of our Young Women.  It's overwhelming to me to know that both Oley and I are responsible for the youth of the ward, hopefully we will be able to be everything the Lord expects and not mess up too terribly bad!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...