"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Thursday, November 8, 2012

One Lucky Kid

Last night we took Oley's aunt out to dinner for her birthday.  We tried out this new place in Sumner and according to Oley they had the best onion rings he had ever had!  But that's besides the point, as we talked about the past weekend and how we were able to spend time with my family and nephews Oley pulled out his phone to brag about our newest little nephew, Oden.

Oley's aunt made a comment that I just couldn't shake for the rest of the night, "Oley you are going to make a great dad!" Obviously it wasn't becuase I was shocked at this comment, becuase we hear it often, but I began to reflect back on how Oley interacts with children.  He always wants to be the first to hold babies, he has this love that radiates off of him that the little children at church always want to sit on his lap and be his best friend. He loved our nursery calling, and the kids loved him.  Because of this place in Oley's heart for children, and our dream of having a family, it makes the difficulty we have in reproducing that much more difficult.  But I am so glad that we have siblings that allow us to be apart of their children's lives and gives Oley the chance to be Greatest Uncle a child could ever want.  When he is interacting with children I can't help but think of how great of a dad he really will be!  When it finally happens our child(ren) will be on lucky kid!
As I continue to reflect I want to take a trip down memory lane. . . lucky for you I am going to take you with me.  
Much like any good uncle there has to be some goofing around.

Oley has always had a special place for Ryker.  I think it has to do with the fact Lauralynn left Ryker with him when he was a couple months old while we were at a coaching clinic.  In the picture above we were on spring break and nobody could get little Ryker to settle down, so Oley took him in the other room and Ta-duh he was able to stop the tears. 
 

I love that Oley is so great with little kids, I can't wait for what the future holds for us and for him in his career! 

2 comments:

  1. Wish you guys were closer to us so you could spend more time with our little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully once you start your family Ryker will understand that Oley is not scary anymore. :) He will be a fantastic dad! I'm so glad we married men that are just so into little kids. It makes it easier to be a good mom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...