"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Red Light, Green Light

So we have all played the game as a child red light-green light, which at the tender age of four we are able to comprehend this concept, or at least my cute little 4-year old primary class was able too.  But for some reason on Friday night as I was driving to go play soccer for the first time in months, which I was super excited for, the person driving behind me must have forgotten the simple concept of stopping at a red light and you guess it rear-ended me.  I could not believe it!  As I pulled over into a parking lot to assess the damage I prayed and hoped it wasn't bad, for as bad as it jolted the car I was prepared for the worst. 
As I walked around the back of my car, which I have only owned for 6 short months mind you, I was relieved to find that there were only two small dents.  These dents are the perfect shape and size as the screws from her license plate. 
Since I was super anxious to get to the soccer field and the damage wasn't terrible I called Oley to see what I needed to do.  I asked if she had insurance so we could swap information, when she told me she had no insurance and was a single mother of two kids, I felt really bad.  So I elected to not do anything, but Oley then told me I needed to call the police if she had no insurance.  So as I was trying to find the number for the police, she got back in her car and drove away.  My sympathy for her slowly transformed into "what in the world you can't just drive away from your problems".  The license plate number I was able to take down was registered to a Subaru and she was driving a jeep, so that did me no good.  Now we just have two small dents in the back of my car, which had this lady stuck around and been willing to exchange information in case something more serious was wrong I would have been fine, but running away from your problems kind of bothered me.  But you can only stay frustrated for so long!  Guess we will see what we can do about getting these small dents fixed up so they don't rust or anything, and hope it doesn't happen again!  Made me realize how trusting we really are of other drivers on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...