"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An Alarming Sound

Last week when I got home from work I found Oley upstairs in our bedroom with all of the wires out of the wall and ceiling.  My first question was what are you doing?!?  If you have never been to our house we have no light fixtures in our rooms so we have to use lamps, we were told this is the "new fad", kinda a lame fad if you ask me. Anyway I had no idea what he had up his sleeve this time.  He preceded to let me in on the fact he was sick of having to use a lamp and so was installing a light in our bedroom.  At first I thought no big deal he was able to install a fan in our last house so a light can't be much harder right.  Well after 30 minutes of him flipping breakers and getting frustrated, he decided a lamp was probably a better idea. 
As he was cleaning up the mess he had made, I was joking with my Grandpa on the phone and he said well you better sleep with your fire extinguisher tonight.   Haha I thought.  So the night wore on, no biggy right.  Well about 2 AM we hear this annoying beeping coming from the corner of our room.  Our home security system, great!  It was beeping to make us aware the battery was dying.  So Oley came downstairs to examine the main system.
 While on further inspection he somehow set the whole system off.  Had we followed up with the property management group and got the code for the system would have been no big deal, but we failed to do that and now had to think under pressure.  As you know home alarm systems are loud, it was 2 AM and our neighborhood is a fairly quiet place.  I was so worried that it was waking up all the neighbors.  So as Oley was scrambling downstairs to figure out what to do, handy-dandy Google gave us the answers.  We were going to have to pull all the sensors off the walls and unwire them. 
What can I say my Mr. Fix it was able to get it all done in 25 minutes. . . although it felt as though it took 25 days.  The next morning we got a call from the property management group, askign whether teh police showed up.  I guess when the alarm was set off it called dispatch.
Some days I just shake my head and have to laugh at all the curve balls we are thrown.  Can't beat going through this life with your best friend and laughing about all those "good times"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...