"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Trick-or-Treat

We knew we were in for A LOT of trick-or-treaters this year when the neighbor gave us the following tip:  "Go to the store and buy more candy than you think you could ever hand out, and then buy three times that amount."  I thought she was joking but oh no, we had more trick-or-treaters than I could have ever imagined!  The sad part about this is we got home from work late and missed all the monsters from 5-6:15ish.  I hadn't ran that morning and so I went running after work, and Oley had to run errands on his way home so unfortunately we missed all the little kids in the light hours, but the two hours we were home we had well over 100 trick-or-treaters. Oh the joys of being a child! 
The dogs did so good about greeting all the little kids and then coming right back into the house once they were gone.  Oley was so cute when he would answer the door and comment on all the children's costumes, and then nicely say, "oh it's okay, you can have two pieces your just a little guy."  I love my husband and his love for children. 

Oley passing out candy to some of the little goblins.

Lily on Halloween.




The second best part about Halloween this year was that at the beginning of the month I made a deal with my sisters that we were not going to eat any sugar throughout the month of October until Halloween.  I had been looking forward to gorging myself with all the chocolate I had been missing out on all month long.  It's all I could think about during my run.  But once I sat down to decide what my first piece of chocolate was going to be, I had a hard time convincing myself I wanted to break my sugar free spell. 

It didn't last long though I made the decision. . . a Milky Way, and oh how delicious that chocolate tasted.   But boy was I sick the next morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...