"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Four Eyes!

Now that we have outstanding health insurance I convinced Oley it was probably about time he take a trip to the eye doctor.  Having never been to the eye doctor he continued to reassure me his eyes were perfect and he didn't need glasses.  Since we have been married I was positive he needed some sort of glasses, he squints A LOT, but seeing how we didn't have the greatest insurance I let him reassure me he was fine.  So yesterday we got in the car and went for Oley's first eye exam.  As we drove I let him know exactly what they would do and that it was painless, besides the little bit of yellow eye drop they put in your eye you won't even have a problem.
Boy was I wrong!  I have never been to an eye doctor that puts these drop in your eyes that make you feel like your eyes are on fire.  They are meant to dilate the eye, and boy was it painful.  Worst part was your eyes remain dilated for up to 3-4 hours, making it extremely hard to see anything up close. 
Oley's exam went well and he came out with the big news that my Mr. Perfect will now need to wear glasses.  I asked if he wanted to do contacts instead and he was certain there was no way he wanted to wear contacts, so while I was in the exam room he tried on some frames. 
Oley's extremely dilated eyes.

The first of three pairs he liked.

The second

And the third.
After much deliberation it came down to the first or second pair.  I liked the second pair because they were much more minimalistic, although Oley was a fan of the first pair.  We went with the second pair, and then he will go back and get the other pair later if he still thinks he wants them.  He is super nervous, anxious to wear have to wear glasses.  He thinks he is not the glasses wearing type and it makes him look like a computer software geek, I on the other hand think it makes him look extremely sophisticated and hot! 
For some reason my eyes just took a VERY long time to go back to normal.  This morning while getting ready for church my left pupil was still extremely dilated.  I was freaking out that something was wrong with it. 
Okay so after looking at these now with full vision I think he should get these ones.

My pupils before church, left one is huge!  Right one normal.
I am happy to say that my pupils finally corrected themselves and I didn't have to look like some weirdo while teaching today, thank goodness!  I have never had that burning eye drop nonsense put in my eyes in all the years I have been going to the eye doctor, and after this past experience I will never let them do that again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...