"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, October 28, 2012

How to Keep a Thought

This is the first time that I have had a calling where I am responsible for sharing the Gospel with people over the age of four.  So it used to be that I was glad if I was able to get at least a 5 minute lesson in and find a coloring sheet that they could take home and share with their parents.  Now that I am in the Laurels that has all changed.  First off, the youth of our church are so smart it's incredible to me!  So I have been trying to figure out a way that I can help them throughout the week rather than just on Sunday. 
As I was talking with the other leaders we were discussing how we wished we would have kept all the thoughts and handouts our YW leaders gave us growing up.  This sparked an idea and with Oley's help, it turned out AWESOME!
So first, that's right my husband never ceases to amaze me, I brought my idea to Oley.  I wanted to make something like those daily flip calendars, but one that I could add a thought to take home and add to every week.  I had an extremely complex idea in which I had no idea how it would work.  Oley on the other hand put my idea to work and created a masterpiece. 
First Oley cut all the wood.

He's a perfectionist, so he then chiseled it so it was perfect.

After they were cut and fit together properly.

Of course Dinky had to help his Daddy too!


We then sanded and stained the wood.
While that was drying I put together the thought I gave the girls today.

Ta-duh!  The finished product.
 The best part was the girls loved it!  Now I just have to keep up on the handouts every week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...