"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nobody's Body But My Body

So the past few weeks the lessons I have had to teach in YW have been on the importance of caring for our physical bodies.  Growing up it always made sense to me that our body is a gift from God and that we should care for it.  It wasn't until these past couple of weeks when it really hit me that our bodies truly are a Gift from God.  Those who chose not to follow our Father in Heaven do not have a body.  I don't know why it took me this long to realize this but this is huge, no wonder Satan tries every way he possibly can to take possession of our mental state so that he can posses our physical state. 
I went on to think about how I really treat the body that I was given.  There are mornings, recently A LOT of mornings, when I just don't want to get out of bed and run becuase I am "too tired", no I really am not too tired I am just being way to lazy to get out of bed and take care of my body.  While I was on my sugar free month last month, I never felt as though I ate too much or was bloated and that's how it should be our appetites should be in Lord's bounds.  But it is hard, there is a point of becoming way too obsessive about this and just remaining conscience of it.  So I guess here is my start to a better healthier me.  Maybe I will even be crazy enough to run another marathon, but don't quote me on that one!


2 comments:

  1. You really don't have to run marathons to be healthy, just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. um. . .I really want to do another marathon. I know we can get a better time than the last one we did. . .although, I think we should do it somewhere that has a lot less hills!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...