"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Six Years

I can't really even believe that it has been 6 years since we said our I Do's.  I guess it just doesn't seem that long when you move every 2 years and don't have any children, so you are typically stereotyped as newlyweds and so gravitate to those who have been married 2 months to 2 years.  But alas, it has been 6 years and I couldn't have asked for someone more perfect for me to be with for 6 the past years.  Yes we definitely have had our hard times but it's the good times and the love we share for one another that keeps us together.  Although whenever I meet someone from the East Idaho area and we get into where we are from I shake my head and say I can't believe I actually married a wrestler from Rigby. . . two of the top criteria that my future husband would not be.  Guess you never say never! I couldn't imagine my life any other way - so lucky to be married to Mr. Incredible!
After Oley Proposed


Miss Coos Bay Terribly





Not only did we get to celebrate our wedding anniversary but our 5 year sealing anniversary is the very next day.  Okay so who am I joking - we really didn't celebrate this year.  Oley thought he would be back from backpacking early evening, but as the night wore on and every time I called his phone he still had no service. I became more and more worried.  For goodness sake I didn't want to be widowed after 6 years of marriage!  As 11 o' clock rolled around I started to fret even more, so I called the family of the man he went with and they said they had not heard from them either.  As I lay in bed wide awake unable to sleep all I could do was pray.  My loving husband had done a great job of setting the stage by making us watch the TV series I shouldn't be Alive on Netflix the days leading up to this journey - so as you can imagine all I could think of was all of these horrible situations like they show on the TV show. 
I asked my sister what I should do and she said well you can always call the cops and have someone go check, but I really had no idea where they went in the first place --- horrible wife on my part.  All I could do was pray and pray, and everytime I would pray I knew they would be okay but for some reason the natural man in mean made me continue to worry.  Finally at 2 AM I receive a text from the guy he went with that read "only one broke rib".  No sleep and worried already I flipped Who had a broken rib? What is going on is everyone okay?  Come to find out neither of them had a broken rib they had found a dead horse on the trail and thought it was a good idea to freak me out.  Men - Ugh!  They finally rolled in around 4 AM - Happy Anniversary to me! 
Although my loving husband did have the chivalry to pick some wildflowers and carry them back down the mountain to me. 
I learn to love this man more everyday.  I was grateful to have him home safe.  That was the longest we have ever gone in our relationship without talking (he had no cell service) and it was a rough 2 days.  I can honestly say I don't think I could do it without him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...