"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yay for Birth Families

I will have to admit we have truly been blessed with one of the most remarkable birth families.  Not only were we blessed with a precious little daughter but we get to share this special little girl with some of the most spectacular people.  A few days after Adelé was born Allison's parents asked if it would be okay if they came to visit us, we were more than happy to have them so readily agreed.  I am so glad that they are willing to remain a part of Adelé's life, it truly is a blessing now and I know it will continue to be in the future. 
So as alluded to in my previous post Oley had agreed to go on the Trek with the youth of the ward.  This would be the first time it would just be me and Adelé for over 24 hours.  Although it was comforting knowing Allison and her parents would be here before the end of that 24 hours.  I had to take Adelé to a babysitter's house for the first time the first morning and it was one of the hardest things I will ever have to do.  I don't know why I even worried, the woman I was leaving her with is a nurse and has 4 kids of her own so she was more than qualified.  But I still fretted so I only worked half the day and worked from home the other half.  When I got home I noticed that something was wrong with Lily.  When I had let her in the house she promptly ran up the stairs.  When I finally got her I could see she had chewed a big chunk out of her tail and was freaking out.  
Oley was back on the mountain with no service so now I needed to worry about Lily's tail, Adelé, and trying to get the house at least in a little bit of order before Allison arrived.  But I was exhausted so went to bed.   Allison and her parents came the next day and it was so good to see them and let them see where Adelé would be living and growing up.  I was so glad that Allison offered to stay with me!  Which I think was good for everyone, she was able to help me do the daily tasks of caring for a baby and I was able to have the company of her.  
We spent the day pretty much in the car - she is not a fan of the car seat!

We spent Friday in Lake Stevens, which was a lot of fun!  I was able to learn a lot about their family and some of their history, which was interesting.  Oley got home that night and the next morning we had plans to meet Kim and Greg for breakfast before they headed home.  
 Although after spending 2 nights in the wilderness and being away from his baby it was difficult to wake them all up after my run to get ready to go eat breakfast. 
After breakfast we said our good-byes to Kim and Greg and headed home with Allison.  Sunday she was able to attend church with us and her grandparents stopped by for dinner. How fortunate we are to have met them, their love for life and energy is contagious. 
Monday morning we had to say our goodbyes to Allison as well.  It was so fun to have her in town and to get to spend time with her.  We are so grateful for the hand the Lord plays in our life and for allowing us this opportunity to share Adelé with such great people.  Adelé is blessed with some fabulous genes, we definitely are blessed. 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...