"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Church is True


Friday night I had a conversation with one of my colleagues that reaffirmed the truthfulness of our church.  I had cuddled with Adelé until she had fallen asleep and then got a phone call.

As we talked about the differences of our religions I was able to let him know about the Mormon church and that we are a worldwide church.  I asked about his church he let me know that he had to be extremely careful when choosing which congregation to attend on Sunday due to the member presiding and how they interpreted things.  I explained when you move and your are Mormon you are very well aware of what you are getting whenever you walk into one of our meetings.  Everything is standard across the church and the curriculum for the year is established by the General Authorities and everyone studies the same thing.  
I guess before this point I hadn't really thought about how remarkable it is that we are able to have a standard across the world.  I know that communicating within an organization with 10,000 employees is difficult, but when we think about the church it's millions who speak different languages and we are still able to keep things standard.  The Church is true and my appreciation for the Lord's work just grew a little stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...