"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Grandma Love

Adelé is one of the luckiest babies ever!  Not only does she have 3 of the most loving Grandma's around they are all incredibly talented.  We wanted to include them in her blessing and sealing day and so asked each of them to make part of her outfit for the day.  Kim has knitted her hats and booties for all of her big milestones thus far in her life (announcement of the sex of the baby and while in the delivery room) and we wanted to continue with the tradition.  So we had asked her to knit some booties that Adelé could wear to the temple and at her blessing.   They turned out absolutely adorable!
 We also asked Shelbie to make one of her amazing quilts.  We love it!  It's the same design as the one she made us when we were sealed but is specifically for Adelé.  The pictures really don't do it justice.
 It's hard to see in the picture but she has put her name along the bottom.
 And the Idaho Falls temple is stitched into the rest of the quilt.
Lastly, to keep with tradition we asked my mom to make her a dress.  This wasn't just any dress though, we specifically asked if there was anyway she could just make a smaller version of my wedding dress.  After searching for a pattern that would resemble my wedding dress my mom finally just made up a pattern herself. 
My mom amazes me everyday!  Her dress was almost identical to mine.  Unfortunately, trying to get a picture was more of a challenge than I thought it was going to be.  


 After we tried unsuccessfully to get a full length picture of the dress I had Oley try to hold her up.
 When that failed I just laid her down and hoped for the best.  Silly Baby!
Our little bug is blessed beyond measure to have such amazing women to look up to.  We love her Grandmas and couldn't ask for better women in her life!  I am so grateful that they were willing to share their talents with her, I know that these will be mementos that she cherishes for her lifetime.  We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...