"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Monday, August 4, 2014

Love Having a Baby Girl

I absolutely love having a daughter!  I constantly struggle with the fact that I go to work and she stays home with her dad.  I remember the first time that she began to start to cling to me, it was last Thanksgiving and we had family at our house.  Until this point she typically was okay if I would have Oley watch her while I did something, but that weekend in particular if I was not holding her she was not happy.  She has never grown out of this stage and I am 100% okay with that.  Because she stays home with dad I felt like I never was going to get that special bond with her, but I am so glad that she is super clingy to me.  I love that she wants to be involved in everything I am doing.  I was kicking a soccer ball around the house the other day and now she loves the soccer ball. 
If I go into the bathroom and shut the door she is right at the door knocking and saying Mom. 
She loves to sit on my lap and get ready for the day with me.


I love the tenderness of her personality and how she lights up when she gets a new toy or gets to play outside. 
 She is the best little pal I could ask for.  I love getting to spend time with her.  The other night we laid in bed and had a laughing contest, we giggled for over 20 minutes.  Her little laugh is just so contagious.  The joy she has brought into our life and our home is far beyond any blessing I could have ever asked for.  She truly brings hope and optimism to everyone she meets.  I am so privileged to be known as her mom.  I am forever grateful to Allison and the strength it took for her to make such a difficult choice.  I know that if it wasn't for Allison and her faith in Christ I would not have this sweet little spirit in my life and for that I am eternal grateful.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...