"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Oley's Birthday

I got home from Girls Camp on Oley's birthday.  As soon as I walked in the door he was spent.  Being a single dad for a week was trying on him, so while him and Ad napped I got entirely unpacked and made him a birthday cake.  I have made it a point to make him a cake every year on his birthday, last year I was running the Grand Teton Relay so my mom did it, so this year I wasn't going to fail. 
I found a great peanut butter frosting recipe on pinterest and it turned out much better than it looked. 

We took Ad out to get her a bike helmet.  My colleague at work had a bike trailer for his son that just moved to Florida so he let us borrow it.  We were anxious to get our bikes out, but I wouldn't let her go in it until we had a helmet. Once we found one we set let her walk around in the mall and she was so happy!  As we walked around she would exclaim Hi! to every person we passed.  She was squealing and in heaven.  Oley looked at me and said, "I better hurry and get through school, she is going to be expensive soon." 
Oley wanted to have a burger at Red Robin, we learned our lesson never to take a tired baby to a restaurant.  All I can say is I am glad they stuck us in the corner, it looked like a tornado came through once we were done.  I felt horrible, I tried to clean it up as much as I could but Ad was definitely not in the mood to sit still.  Although on a lighter note this was her first coloring page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...