"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Oh the Joys of Moving

I say this every time we move, but this time I hope that I am being more serious, that's the last time we move for a long time!  Yes, there are many positives to moving such as being able to get rid of everything you haven't used in two years and getting to explore a new area, but I don't think on a cost benefit analysis that goes very far.  The lessons learned from this past move are yes the Lord does know us individually and he is going to challenge us, but He doesn't put anything in front of us that we are unable to handle. 
As mentioned in my previous post our tenants are moving out in two weeks and so the stress of trying to find new tenants for that place, pay for our move, and get Oley a more suitable job have all been on our minds.  But even with all of these temporary outside forces there is still the comfort and small thought in the back of my head that everything is going to work out.  Just have to pay tithing, go to church, and do what is asked of us and everything will work out.
Doug and Shelbie came to help move us over to the west side this past weekend.  We are so grateful for the support they give us.  Since it was Fathers Day Weekend Dougie wanted to treat himself to the very best so we found a Brazilian BBQ up in Bellevue, about 45 minutes from here.  All I can say is that was A LOT of food!  Oley woke up the next morning and said, "This is the first time I have ever been to a buffet and not felt bad the next day cause I didn't eat enough."  That is the truth he ate more than both of our shares.  It was a great experience, thanks Dougie!

On Sunday Shawnie and Leimomi came over and cooked Hawaiian french toast for breakfast.  Once again I ate way to much, but it definitely was delicious and we will be having that again soon.  Sadly they all left on Sunday and I was left to unpack the house and get ready for Oley's quick return.  Monday I went to my first day of work new employee orientation.  I am really excited for the opportunities that may be had with this company and hope I will be able to prove myself to them. 
Since Oley is not here this is what he thinks I am doing with our boxes.

This is what is really happening.

Once I get the house put together I will post pictures, at this point it's not looking promising.  When we came to check in the landlord had literally counted every nail hole in the wall, there were 4.  So until I figure out a way to get decor up there will not be any pictures. 
Can't wait for my Oley to get home, I just realized it was about 5 years ago today that this picture was taken.  Gol we look like babies. 
But I sure am glad we both followed our dreams and ended up in Coos Bay, the Lord works in mysterious ways! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...