"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Never Woulda Thought

As soon as I got home on Wednesday Oley and I had to head back to Tacoma for meetings that we had on Friday morning.  So on Thursday after Oley got off work we headed over, what a weird trip that was without the dogs (kinda really miss them).  We spent Thursday evening with Oley's Aunt and friend.  Went to a Thai restaurant, while eating they invited us to go to the horse races with them on Saturday, honestly I thought this was a crazy idea. It obviously sparked Oley's interest and he responded before I could even think of a nice way to say no.  But I secretly am glad he did!

So horse racing, never been just saw it on movies and how they bet and what not, oh and had I known they wear amazing clothes like below I totally would have put more effort into getting ready for the races.

 
So next time we go I now know to get all prettied up, I think it would actually be fun!  Anyway, so I figure I should probably put this out there - it's a good thing I had Oley with me cause I could easily become addicted to this horse race betting.  Thankfully he didn't let us bet on any, but had he I was 2 for 3 in picking the winner of the race, and had we been betting I don't think we would have placed a bet on the third race cause I wasn't 100% confident in my choice.  But from the famous words of Lauralynn, "it's okay we all sin differently", Excellent now I am a sinner!  But I can see how one can become extremely addicted to this becuase I would probably be one of them.  

This isn't one that raced, but a pretty horse

Us in front of the pretty horse, like I said I had no idea you were supposed to get all pretty for these things.

Oley thought this guy was going to win, he didn't.






After the horse races we went and spent the night with my Grandparents in Everett.  I am so glad that their house is just so relaxing.  Grandma's leg was bothering her so much so that she wasn't able to walk, Grandpa had to help her around and it makes me sad to think they are aging.  Guess we will get all the time we can with them.  
Our tenants in Chubbuck got jobs in another town, so they will be moving out in July.  I told Oley all of this was going to happen at the same time.  With the Lord on our side everything will work out though.  
Drove home Sunday, Oley was so excited to have a backseat to the car that he slept in it on the way home, silly kid.  The past two days have just been packing and cleaning like crazy.  We move in 4 days and I am not ready at all!   Guess we will have to be! 
Went on my favorite bike ride last night, I am going to miss Spokane.  

Love this Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...