"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Monday, May 19, 2014

Boise Birthday

Lucky for Adelé I had signed up to run a half marathon the weekend before her birthday, in Boise.  Since a lot of our family was going to be there Oley and I decided that we would celebrate her first birthday there  a few days early with a family birthday party.  Oley made adorable little Strawberry Shortcake invitations.  We left here on the Thursday before the half marathon and drove through the night.
Once we finally arrived everyone got very little sleep and then we got to work on getting everything ready for the party.  Her refreshments were going to consist of pizza pockets, strawberry's over pound cake, chocolate dipped strawberries, and birthday cake. 
I was absolutely dreading the half marathon.  I had not trained as much as I would have liked and so when Doug, Laur, Matt and I got to the drop off place Saturday morning the line was long.  I kept hoping that we wouldn't be able to catch a bus in time so we would just have to run the 10k instead.  Unfortunately, the we were able to get to the starting line before the start of the run, so away we went.  The first few miles were difficult due to the drastic change in elevation, but lucky for me the majority of the run was at a slight downhill grade.  My goal was just to finish in less than 2 hours.  I was able to finish in 1:55, so I was happy with that.  Oley ran the 5K. 
 Mom brought all the kids with her when she showed up to cheer us on. 
 I had crossed the finish line before anyone got there so I waited around for a little bit.  Once my baby was there she helped be celebrate!
 Oley was able to finish his too!
 We took a picture with the potato mascot.  We were in Idaho!
 The group that ran that morning.
Once we were done Adelé was ready to go pick up her cake and take a nap to get ready for her big party!
I am so grateful for everyone who came to the party to make it a fun time.  Allison and Lucas were able to be there, as well as everyone but Marilee and Jacob and Roarke and Mandy and their families.  Adelé had a great time! 










I am so grateful that we have been able to add cute Ad to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...