"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Woodland Park Zoo

My mom, Robyn, Lauralynn and her kids planned to come up on Thursday afternoon so we spent the week getting ready for their visit, pulling off a young women's in excellence, and I found out that the Joint Commission would be here next Monday to re-certify our LVAD program at work.  It was a busy week.  I got a phone call about noon on Thursday from Robyn letting me know that their plans had changed for the worse.  While traveling through they hit a patch of ice and slid off the road and mom's tahoe had rolled.  They were all okay but they were waiting for a tow-truck to come and tow them into town.  They were finally able to arrive on Friday evening but opted to go straight to Grandma and Grandpa's. 
Oley wanted to go up and spend the night there so we went up on Friday night.  It was a LONG night.  Adelé did not want to fall asleep and it took me 3 hours just to get her to go down for the night.  The next morning we wanted to take the kids to the zoo even though it was the coldest weeks it has been here all year.  We bundled them up and enjoyed the Woodland Park Zoo. 


It was Freezing! As we were walking to another exhibit Adelé was walking between my mom and I, the others were all ahead of us, so she looks up at us and says "hurry quick".  My mom looked at me and said hmm. . . I wonder where she learned that from.  Oh I love my bug!






It was a quick trip to the zoo, but that's okay because it was freezing cold.  Mom had come up to share a Thanksgiving dinner with her parents so the rest of the weekend was spent cooking and eating delicious food.  I love when my mom comes to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...