"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Stress

Before Mom's car was ruined in the accident Robyn had asked if I would leave Adelé with them in Mill Creek on Sunday night and they would bring her back to our house on Monday afternoon.  But since that plan did not work out Adelé came home with me on Sunday evening. 
Monday and Tuesday were going to be rough days at workwith the Joint Commission here and so my mom offered to come and help with Adelé for those two days.  It was so nice to have them here while I stressed about work stuff.  I felt bad that I was gone the whole time but I am glad that they were understanding of the situation.  Although having family here also allowed them to share all of their sick germs with Adelé.  On Tuesday morning when she woke up her eye was swollen shut.  I felt like an awful person having to leave her with my mom for half the day while I finished up the Joint Commission survey.

To add to my stress as we were walking the surveyor through our Emergency Department I dropped my phone and it broke and stopped working.  So not only did I have a very high stress situation at work with no phone, my mom had no way of getting a hold of me either.  As soon as the surveyor gave her report (we passed!), I wrapped things up with administration and went home to spend the next 2 days with Adelé as she recovered.  It was terribly difficult being at home with no phone at such a high stress time at work but I am grateful for the people I work with and for and their understanding nature of my circumstances.  It also gave me the opportunity to focus entirely on Adelé which was a blessing.  Adelé was feeling 100% better by Thursday!  I am so grateful for amazing neighbors as well, they had no idea that I had such a big week at work but felt inspired to leave me dinner on my doorstep for when I got home.  It definitely was a God send. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...