"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, March 8, 2015

New Beginnings

As many may know things at work have been a bit crazy recently.  My boss took a new job somewhere else and they have asked that I fill in as the interim administrator until they find someone else.  Before accepting this I made sure they were very well aware that Adelé and Oley would always come first before work.  The Sr. Vice President that I report to has always been very supportive of families and so I agreed to fill in for a few months.   Gratefully it hasn't taken too much more time and I still spend the afternoons with Adelé.
 In the short week that I have been filling this role I have learned a few things.
#1 if you tell an employee that reports to you that you no longer have time to work out they will take you seriously and help address the issue.
#2  When the fire alarm goes off down your hallway just assume the worst - yup these were my new employees, trying to burn the place down and I had only been boss for a week ;).
Adelé had her first trip to the dentist.  All and all it was a really good experience and she loved playing in the waiting room.  She was crying when we told her we had to go.


I am so grateful to have such a supportive husband and energetic baby girl!


Whenever I am feeling like I am just failing at everything I have taken a quote given by my bishop growing up always pops in my head, "win or lose - your Father in Heaven will always love you, your mom will still love you, and the sun will always come up over the Tetons."  I love that quote and I love now having a mountain where it all makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...