"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Land of the Free

Cool mornings, hot afternoons, and chilly evenings with the smell of BBQ and fresh fruit looming in the air, the constant snaps and crackles from fire works and twinklings in the sky, all reasons why we love the 4th of July.  Growing up my mom always made a big deal over holidays and the 4th was no different, we would take snacks or donuts to the parade, play outside until the fireworks, and then when the magical moment came we would head to Freeman Hill in Idaho Falls to enjoy the "Melaleuca Freedom Celebration".  Those were the days.
This is not my photo, one from the local newspaper in IF.
This past 4th we were unable to really do anything that the community was putting on, if they even were we didn't hear any advertisements, do to the fact Oley was working graveyards.  So we made the most of the day.  We woke up and took the dogs with us to the local Jr. High track so that we could all get in a good workout.  Lily loved the sparrows that were there, I wish I would have gotten a better video, she was chasing them everywhere.  When she couldn't catch them she would just be running and yapping at them.  It was funny, only becuase the sparrows knew that she was chasing them so would make her run in circles. 
Once we got home Lily, Dinky, and I spent some time on the couch together while Oley showered.  As you can see I am still having a hard time being okay with the idea of putting holes in the wall, with the mirror still leaning against the wall.
After his shower he spent time filling out information on the It's About Love website and I went about making a flag fruit pizza.  It turned out Awesome! 

Oley then BBQ'd up some pork chops for us, which were delicious!  And we had ourselves a little dinner before he had to go and nap so he could go to work. 
His nap didn't last long, becuase the people and their fireworks here are crazy.  It seriously sounded as though we were in  a war zone from 7pm to 1am.  These people love fireworks.  I woke up the next morning and it was just this thick smoke, smog in the air.  It was gross!  The plus side was they don't have illegal ones in this town so we were able to watch everybody's becuase they were all shot in the air. 
Since we have moved and Oley no longer has to work his security job we have realized we have become really FAT!  So now is the time for us to fix that problem.  Yesterday was the beginning of a new habit.  I started off by going for a 15 mile bike ride.  Was really excited to be riding to this lake, got there and couldn't even see the lake cause there were houses all lining it.  Lame!  But was able to see these views as I rode.
One of the roads I rode on

The view from the road behind our house. Oley always finds the farmer's fields and that's where we live. But the view of the Mountain makes it worth it.

My head is shaped in such a way that the bumps on my forward rub against my helmet and I end up looking like a devil women when I finish my rides.
Hopefully with this new job we will be able to see each other once in awhile and go and do some things.  It's so fun once you get somewhere new to be able to explore why the people love their town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...