"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oh What a Day

   You ever have one of those days that is just so completely up and down?  Well that was our day yesterday.  We woke up and did the usual Saturday morning things.  That afternoon we got ready and went to our ward get together.  We stopped at the mail box and had received our deposit from our rent in Spokane.   Needless to say I was not happy about the fact of the $1000 deposit we got $400 back (we left weeds in the lawn, and grass clippings in the back) Really?!? So I was super unhappy about that, but realized there was nothing I could do about it, so had to get over it. 
   We got to the ward BBQ, as we finished up eating I looked down and that horrible gut feeling I had 5 years ago had come back.  My ring, it wasn't on my finger.  I was in total panic mode.  As you recall I lost my engagement ring a week after Oley gave it to me, so I couldn't even think straight.  I searched the lawn, I retraced all my steps and the worst part about this whole experience was Oley acted as if nothing was happening.  This made me think maybe he took it, but once we got in the car he got extremely frustrated that I could lose 2 rings in a matter of 5 years. 
   There was no way he was buying me another one, and so much for my 5 year anniversary ring, cause there was no way he was buying that.  Rather than coming right home, so I could search the house up and down, he made us go deposit the check that I was already mad about.  I thought I was going to have a break down, it was a horrible day.  I just kept praying that I would find it and everything would work out, all I would get back was a feeling it would be okay. That wasn't good enough for me so I would pray again Just let me know where I left it.  As you all know the Lord doesn't really work like that so I had to go off of the fact I knew that it was going to work out, who knew how, but it would.
   We pulled up to the house and I came in just in a mad search.  I had the thought that maybe I took it off while I was putting lotion on, as soon as I had that thought I ran up stairs and what do you know there was my ring sitting on the bathroom counter right where I left it.  I was so glad I found it, I said a prayer of thanks ran down and proclaimed my good news to Oley.  What a relief!  I no longer was even mad about the deposit becuase I realized life really could get worse, it's amazing the lessons we must learn.
   Later that afternoon we took a little trip to a Bresemann Forest, which turned out to be a great idea.  It was such a fun little walking trail about 7 miles from our house.


Next time I will wear shoes. . . oops!

So excited for blackberries.  Everyone keeps telling us they are everywhere here.

The trail was full of little places that you could go right down to the creek.

It was really hot and so Dinky and Lily were more than happy to cool down in the creek.

We walked past a lady who told us there were big ol' bull frogs out there. 


Unfortunately the camera didn't stay situated on the log better, so this didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...