"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

I never thought I could love Oley more than I already did, until I saw the tears stream down his face when
Adelé was born and how he has since stepped up and shown an unconditional amount of love towards her. The day I had to tell Oley that we were infertile was one of the hardest conversations we have had.  I knew how badly he wanted to be a father and how much it hurt for him to know that we would have to pursue a more difficult route to parenthood.  So to see his joy in the hospital room the day Adelé was born was awe-inspiring.   (He claims he is just allergic to baby ;) )

The love Oley shows for Adelé has given me a small glimpse into the love Heavenly Father must have for me and each one of his daughters.  It's amazing how having a child placed into your life can change your perspective on everything and how much deeper you are able to love.
I am so grateful for Allison and the joy she has been able to bring into our lives.  The Lord has definitely blessed us beyond measure and we could not be any happier with our family and our precious Adelé.  I can't wait for the day we will be able to kneel at the alter and become a forever family.  Oley truly is the greatest Father a wife and daughter could ever ask for!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...