"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Monday, June 3, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I always loved being at my own house sleeping in my own bed , but I never really appreciated it until we had a child.  Oh how wonderful it is to be home!  Our first weekend home was a busy one.  Friday Adelé had her first visit to her pediatrician.  Our little champ has gained all her weight back, she weighed in at a whopping 8 pounds 3 ounces - love this girl!  I have never been a fan of needles, or blood, so when they took the needle to get the rest of the blood they needed to do some testing I thought I was going to die. Adelé did awesome though, didn't even really cry - I thought they were draining her of all her blood! The nurse said she is the most content baby, and I have dealt with A LOT of babies.  We truly are blessed to have this perfect little girl.  When we got in the car she gave me this face.  Love her!
Oley had training for the trek that night and said he would be home by 11 when 1:00 AM rolled around I was a little worried and he wasn't answering his phone.  Finally around 2:30 AM he decided to grace us with his presence.  They had forgotten to tell him that they were going for a night hike.  He then had to be back over there by 6 AM and wasn't home till 5 PM so Adelé and I got to hang out!  
She laid in her own bed while I did her laundry. 
And loved the time she got to swing!
Since her umbilical cord had fell off on our trip to Boise, we gave her her first real bath on Sunday with Allison on Skype.  She loved the water!  
 Allison joined us via Skype.


She is the cutest little baby, EVER!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to have a cute little niece that we get to see! She has quite the little Buddha-belly growing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...