"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tis the Season

It's been a crazy busy month so far so excuse the picture explosion.  The first weekend of the month we were going to go tree shopping!  While we waited for Oley we played dress up for a bit and ate some snacks!



Once Oley was finally ready we set out to find a tree.  It was freezing cold outside so thankfully we found one quickly.




Oley got it brought into the house right away.  Which I am so glad!
We unfortunately didn't have enough time to get it decorated before we needed to head out and meet Shawnie for dinner.
The past two weeks have  been full of getting ready for Christmas!
Adelé loved the Christmas tree! 

 She also has gotten much better at sitting up on her own.  We still have to watch her very closely because she is a little top heavy sometimes!






The week before we left for Idaho Falls Allison came to visit us!  We loved having her here.  Unfortunately it turned out to be the busiest week at work that I have had since taking this job.  I felt horrible that I was unable to spend more time with her.  But Adelé and Oley definitely enjoyed her company.  Next time I am definitely taking the time off to be with her. 

 She did get to go to mutual with us. Caroling with the  youth. 
The morning we had to take Allison back to the airport I was feeling horrible that I was unable to spend much time with her, as I walked past the window to my office I noticed the sun rising over Mt. Rainier.  It was exactly what I needed that day! The week had been extremely busy and I was getting overwhelmed with everything I thought I had failed to do for others, I was having a hard time just sustaining what was important my relationship with my Heavenly Father and my family.  I love the little reminders God continues to place in my life! 

Adelé was so good at helping in the kitchen while we did our Christmas cooking.  She especially loved taste testing all the goodies.  


 It's been an extremely busy couple of weeks as we prepare to visit Idaho for 2 weeks.  We are excited for Adelé's first Christmas and getting the opportunity to be sealed, bless her, and be with our family.

During family home evening we spent the night in Luke reading the Christmas story.  Rather than stopping after Christ was born we continued on and read the chapter through it's entirety.  As we did this we realized that the next big event mentioned in Luke about Christ's life was that he sat in the temple and taught the doctors and lawyers about the Gospel.  I don't think that this was a coincidence to put in with the Christmas story.  Sharing the Love of Christ with all those we meet is the greatest gift that we can give back.  As I think how I can be a better disciple in this Christmas season and all year long it is my resolve to do better at sharing his message within the coming year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...