"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

This year's Thanksgiving marked one year since we told Oley's family about Allison and the greatest gift we would ever receive!  I took time to really cherish Thanksgiving this year and take time to reflect back on all that I have been blessed with.  Adding Allison and her family to our family circle has expanded my ability to love and to serve, they have been the greatest blessing in our life and we couldn't imagine life without them.  The joy Adelé has brought into our life and our home is indescribable.  It makes me want to be a better person, I try to love a little deeper, speak a little kinder, and serve with a willing heart and mind.  I want her to be able to grow up knowing the love that her birth family has for her and be an example in showing Christ like love to everyone with an optimistic outlook.  
We were able to host Doug, Shelbie and Oley's grandparents this year for Thanksgiving weekend!  We loved having them here with us.  Dougie and Oley went and played in the turkey bowl on Thanksgiving morning and once I had put Adelé down for a nap I headed out for a quick run.  I am so glad I did!  Running is where I am able to do A LOT of thinking and reflecting and that is where I did most of my reflecting this Thanksgiving.  Once everyone was cleaned up we headed over to Shawnie's house for dinner.  
She has started to be fussy if I don't pick her up right when I walk in the door after work, but this weekend Adelé was very particular who she wanted to hold her and for some reason not even Oley could be that person. But that was fine becuase I had all weekend off and was more than happy to hold her constantly.
Dinner turned out great and we all ate way too much!  Even Adelé ate some mashed up sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and green beans!  She was in heaven!

 It didn't stop there we broke down and let her have some pumpkin pie too!
After all the eating she was ready to play with her Grandpa Dougie!

Once we got home she was right back into her element and was just squealing!  I wish that I could upload the video here, she had A LOT to say about her first Thanksgiving!  We absolutely adore her! 




We are so grateful for Allison and the love she has for our little bug!  We could not have asked for a more perfect situation. 
We finished off our day laying in bed together as Adelé fell asleep!  All and all it was a great First Thanksgiving! 
Friday I had a meeting I quickly went too and I received these pictures while I was away.  I guess Oley is just teaching her that breakfast the day after Thanksgiving is pumpkin pie - I dunno! 


I met back up with everyone at the Auburn Super Mall as we did a little bit of shopping.  


Saturday I had to run up to the temple with the Stake Young Women's group for a quick baptism session and when I got back little A was more than happy to see me!  I love her!
I am so glad that Oley's parents were able to be here with us for Thanksgiving and got to spend some time with Adelé.  Sunday night before they headed out we had one final dinner and played some cards!  It's so nice to have family visit, but it seems like the time just goes too quickly while they are here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...