"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Adelé's First Christmas

I will say that I am incredibly thankful I have a job that allows me to take so much time off around the holidays.  I finished up the majority of my work on Monday afternoon and so only went in for a few hours Christmas Eve morning.  The rest of the day I spent running last minute errands before we left town. 
We were able to have Shawnie and Leimomi over for Christmas Eve dinner.  We love having them so close!  Oley cooked up a delicious ham and we all ate way too much!  That night we sat down with Adelé and our nativity scene and explained all the characters and what they did in the story.  Once she was out for the night we finished packing. 
We were hoping to be on the road to Grandma and Grandpa's by at least noon the next day but didn't want to rush our Christmas morning either so we had everything packed the night before. 
Christmas morning Adelé woke up and ate some breakfast and then we did presents.  I think we were more excited for her presents than she was!
She loves the Christmas tree and all the sparkly ornaments!


 This baby's love for books is unbelievable!

Once we were finally all done opening up all her gifts she had no idea what to play with first. 

We didn't want to buy her too much stuff so we kept her gifts to a minimum knowing that seeing both sets of grandparents was going to be overboard!  What we didn't realize was that her aunt's were also going to spoil this little girl rotten before we even got to Idaho!  We have been truly blessed by everyone this holiday season. 
While I went out for a quick run Oley and Adelé played with her new toys! 

Once I got back we were set to start our vacation!  Our first stop was to Mill Creek to spend the rest of the Christmas afternoon with my grandparents.  
They are way too good to us!  We love going to spend time with them.  We had dinner at Dave and Michele's and then Adelé and I called it an early night.  Grandma wasn't feeling to well and so Oley and Grandpa stayed up to watch a movie while the rest of us went to bed.  I am so grateful for all the blessings we have received all year long.  Experiencing Christmas with Adelé has given me an even greater respect for Mary and how incredible she was.  I can't wait for next year when Adelé will be able to understand even more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...