"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Rough Week

As I have stated time and time again the 4th week of every month is a really rough week for me and this month was no different. We tried to start off the week on a happy note, Adelé does such a great job of that!
But Tuesday was rough.  Adelé was really tired on Tuesday and so I took off a little bit earlier than usual to be at home with her.  She fell earlier in the day and had a little bump on her head and didn't feel well, I felt awful for our little bug.
That night as we were up in the bedroom I was putting laundry away and she was chasing after Dinky with the laundry basket, in between her giggles and squeals, she tripped and hit her face hard on our bed frame.  There was blood everywhere.  All over her, all over the floor, all over me.  It was a really rough night.  Once I was able to figure out where all the blood was coming from and get everyone cleaned up she was back to her happy old self.  I on the other hand still had a lot on my mind due to really big deadlines at work that I needed to meet, but I felt awful that she fell so hard that I laid with her until midnight - she fell asleep by 8:30 but I didn't want to put her down.
On Wednesday I was feeling so stressed and overwhelmed, I felt bad that Adelé hit her head the night before and I needed to deal with some tough personnel issues at work by the end of the week.   When I went to drop her off at Kim's house that day I totally spaced to leave her diaper bag there and went running into my 7 AM meeting not even realizing that I had the diaper bag and not my work bag.  All I can say is I am glad I work for an organization that is so understanding and that they all made a big joke out of it.  
Although as are all kids Adelé is very resilient and so was totally fine the next day, which was good because the Young Women were doing their Pine Wood Derby that night and I was responsible for quite a bit of it.  She came with me and loved watching the cars go down the track.  That night I was in need of some stress relief and laughs - Adelé knew just what to do.  I love this girl!


Once she was in bed that night I took a picture to send to Oley to let him know just how good our week was going - obviously not well.
After work on Thursday all of the tough issues were taken care of and deadlines met so Adelé and I tried on her Halloween costume to make sure that it was going to fit for Halloween night.  She loves the little tutu.   We danced around the house in it for 45 minutes before I needed to take it off of her to go to bed.  I am so incredibly blessed to have her as my daughter.  I knew that there were going to be rough weeks and easy weeks - this just seems to be one of those weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...