"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Second Week Down

That's right we have successfully completed 2 weeks in this new routine.  At the beginning of the week I was not feeling so successful, but I am feeling much more confident now that it's over.  It was definitely a rough week.  I am sure by the end of the week Oley was feeling like this was never going to work with all of my texts letting him know how extremely difficult it was becoming.  This was me by the end of my work day on Monday - defeated.
It all started on Monday when dropping Adelé off.  She was wide awake and ate breakfast with an upbeat personality.  When I asked if she wanted to go play with Kim and her friends she enthusiastically said "Yay"!  So I drove her over to Kim's (the neighbor who watches her) and she practically leaped into Kim's arms and gave her a big hug and said "bye mom!".  It was disheartening to me that she doesn't even have a hard time going to the babysitter's house in the mornings. 
When I went to pick her up that day she wanted to stay and play with the kids longer.  As I recounted this with my colleagues, who all have grown children, the overwhelming response was be grateful she loves to go, it's heartbreaking having to drop them off and have them scream as you walk out the door.  It's true, I should be glad she is loving going to the babysitter, but it's been hard for me that it's not hard at all for her (that sounds awful), I don't want her to be sad but you know what I mean.
On Tuesday morning, I got her out of the car and she ran up to the front porch.  When Kim answered the door she ran in and then realized she hadn't grabbed her lunch box from me yet, she ran back got her lunch box and then waved "bye mom" as she hurried away.  I just had to repeat to myself the entire way to work - it's better than her crying, she's loving this arrangement I need to like it too.  She loves getting to play with other kids and it's so good for her to be able to, but it's so hard knowing she doesn't miss me at all.    
This week was full of A LOT of phone calls to grandma.  Adelé has learned how to call people on my phone.  I have pictures of most of our close family and so she finds the picture of the person she wants to talk to and she calls them.
 She loves to stack her blocks as tall as she can get them and then they fall over.

I absolutely love Adelé.  It's been somewhat of a blessing having Oley gone.  It really has given me the opportunity to rearrange my work schedule so I spend a lot more time at home with Adelé.  It will be fabulous when he is completely done and I can spend this much time with her all the time. 
I am so grateful for all the love Adelé has in her life and all the support we have, she loves to read her adoption book at night.  She points to every picture in the book and says who each person is, she always takes a little extra time on this picture with Papa Greg - she may not see him often but she sure does have a special place for him.
By Thursday I was still having a hard time with the fact that Adelé was just loving going to the babysitter, so much that I prayed a lot asking Heavenly Father if maybe I needed to find a job in Spokane and we all just move there.  When I got to Kim's house to pick Adelé up that afternoon, unlike every other day when she didn't want to leave, she came running to me yelling "mom, mom" she gave me a big hug and topped it off with a kiss.  It was exactly what I needed - I knew then that this is exactly what the Lord wants us to be doing.  Having Adelé in an LDS home where she gets to play with girls her age and get some social interaction for a few hours every day is good for all of us and the fact that she is loving going is a great sign.  I am so grateful for the tender mercies the Lord continues to bless us with.
She is a little firecracker and a lot to keep up with but I absolutely love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...