"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Friday, May 18, 2012

Next Stop Tacoma

Well you read that right.  After months of applying, anxiously awaiting, stressing over jobs, and turning them down I finally bit the bullet and accepted an offer.  Oley and I will be moving to Tacoma in the middle of June so I can put my degree to use while Oley finishes his.  I will be working for MutliCare Health System.

 

It's a fairly small health system with A LOT of growth.  In the few years they have bought two larger hospitals, and have three of their own.  One of these is a children's hospital, which was great news for me becuase that has always been what I want to do!  So I will be working as a fellow in the strategy and business development department, obviously a fairly busy department at the moment.   After a year is up we will see whether or not they want to keep me around, and if it is going to fit with Oley's schooling. 

Other than that just been working on some of the pictures we took on our trip to Madison, WI last month, when we were scoping out a job there and whether or not we wanted to move.  So I will share a few here.  Most I haven't done any editing too, so beware!  

A statue at the Capitol building

Oley and I out front the Capitol

Madison, WI Capitol Building

Can't wait till we get a lens and battery for my new camera!  Maybe within the next couple weeks, than these pictures won't look so wretched. 

2 comments:

  1. That's going to be so fun!! I think you're really going to like Tacoma. When are you going to be coming to Poke again? I can't remember, in June?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. . . good question. We had planned to make it there once more but that was also when we were planning to move to the east coast. Now that we are staying west coast we will know as soon as our tenants decide whether they want to renew their contract or not. If no then we will probably be around in July or August.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...