"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Productive Weekend

Okay so I have already failed, I told Laur I would update this at least every other day, I lied!!

Anyway we had an extremely productive weekend.  Even though we slept in a little on Saturday we were able to still get quite a bit accomplished.  Started out in the garage where Oley spent most the afternoon fixing up his scooter.
  
 He was pretty excited to have that all fixed up now that we are ready to move. 

While he worked on that I gave my car a much needed wash!   After we both finished those we put our heads together and finally built the sofa table that I have been asking Oley to get built.

I now just need to get it sanded and painted and poof I finally got the table I have been waiting for.  Although I am glad we waited becuase what we had in mind for it changed dramatically and this looks much better!  As soon as I get the house packed I will work on this. Eventually, it will house pictures of our siblings and their families, and a statue of Christ.  Later went and played my last soccer game here in Spokane, and then met up with Oley for the Adult Session of our Stake Conference. 

Sunday night while we were on our walk halfway through we made our routine check of Lily's belly to make sure she had no bug bites.  Unfortunately, black fly season is upon us a lot early this year.  She had a bite so we hurried home and watched her.  I think last year it was do to the amount of bites she had.  If you recall her belly looked like this.  
Not that we are blowing off the fact that she was bit again, because believe me she gets checked more often than she would like and is now under house arrest until we move.  It's going to make for a long month ahead, but I would rather her be healthy and safe than no longer with us.  

A lot of our conference was centered on temples and the amazing miracles that happen there everyday.  We love the fact our marriage will last into the eternities and that we will be with our families there.  What greater gift do we have than the simplicity of this gospel and the stability it offers in our lives!




2 comments:

  1. I love that you started this and were going to do it every day, not every other day like you said here, and you have less than 10 posts. Makes me smile. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now! It got a little busy, but I am back on track again. Maybe it will only be once a week. But I need to keep at it cause now that I look back I am just like wow I don't even remember that, so just got to keep on plugging along and then hopefully it becomes a habit. Although you are one to talk, I notice you haven't had a new post since May 1. . . interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...