"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Growing Up!

Alright Laur just start laughing now because I already know you will be laughing as soon as I type this.  Back in October when my family was here visiting they all got a good chuckle when Oley let them in on a little secret - there was no way I was ever buying Lily a new collar, becuase the one she had was her baby collar and I never wanted her to grow up!  Okay, so yes that was a factual statement, but oh how much fun they had with this little fact.  Luckily for us our little squirt just keeps getting fatter and not bigger so her collar continues to fit.  I will admit it was getting a little old and Oley was trying to think of ways he could "lose" it so we had to buy her a new one.  Well lucky for him Lily took care of all his worries when she decided it would be a great idea to chew through this little sentiment of mine.
She chewed it just right that the buckle came off! A little bit of me died inside upon finding this.  But I suppose we all have to grow up at some point.  When I was telling my mom her comment back was, "oh good, next she'll be losing her baby fat!"  So sad, but kind of funny!  We love our little baby dog, but I guess it's time for her to move on to bigger things..So she got a new collar last night!  Yay!
Yesterday I also spent a great deal of my time reminiscing on the carefree days of soccer.  My Saturday team played a college team yesterday and as I observed how carefree and in love with the game they were I couldn't help but reflect back on my carefree college days. 

 This was the game I got my tooth knocked out by Erica!

Oh to be young again and not have to worry about how much time off work I will have to take if I go into that tackle wrong, or how much damage my body will endure if I go up for that header and get smashed between two players.  Oh yes, those were the days! 

1 comment:

  1. I told you to take that collar and put it somewhere special . . . someday you'll listen to me. She does look all grownup in her new collar. I'm glad you didn't let Oley get the one with spikes on it. Growing up is crappy. . .but there are so many other challenges and joys that we get to experience now that we never would be able to as collegiate soccer players. Enjoy the ride, girl. It's absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...