"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Flying Solo

Well we made it.  I am unsure how that happened but it happened.  I fortunately had to work at the hospital in Puyallup all week so was only 15 minutes from work, which was a blessing in disguise for sure.  I also don't think I would have been able to do it without the awesome babysitting from a nice woman in our ward.  It was so hard to leave Adelé every morning, but I knew she was in great hands which made it a little easier.  Oley left on Monday morning to take the boys to scout camp.  Which after all the problems that we have had with the dogs and with a new baby I was not a very happy person that he was going, but what can you do but support your husband who wants to magnify his calling.
The week surprisingly went well.  Between Lauralynn having her baby, mutual, young women presidency meetings, training for my upcoming relay, Adelé's doctor's appointment, and Dinky fighitng a staph infection the week went by what seems like unbelievably slowly!  We were more than happy to see Oley pull up on Saturday afternoon.  What a difference it makes to have him around.  I was feeling pretty confident on Monday night but by the time Wednesday rolled around I definitely was missing him and all the help he is with Adelé - I have a whole new perspective on why it's important for a child to have a mother and father in the home. 

 This was me feeling confident on Sunday while Oley was preparing to leave.
 We did fairly well though, had bath time every night.
And were even smiling most days when I got home from work.
 On Friday we prepared to go to the doctors and get her shots.  Neither of us were very excited. 
 She thought that Dinky could bring her some comfort, but when I went to take a picture of the two together I noticed that his stomach was just covered in red splotches - yes our vet is remarkable I sent her the picture and she knew right away it was a staph infection and the antibiotic would be sitting at the front desk for me when I got there.  Our vet is remarkable!  So after we made our dreaded trip to the pediatrician I ran to the vet clinic to pick up the medicine.


Adelé did okay.  Well better than I did.  I have never heard my poor baby scream so loud when the nurse gave her her shots.  To add to it she was way overdo for her nap so she was overly tired and so was extremely fussy while I put her clothes back on.  But by the time we got to the car she was sound asleep.  I felt so bad for her.

Luckily Oley decided to grace us with his presence yesterday. Adelé was probably as happy as I was to see him.  We spent last night up in Everett celebrating my Grandpa's birthday and learned that Adelé is not so willing to let just anyone hold her anymore.  My aunt and uncle were up from Utah and she was not having it when we would hand her to them.  Or maybe it's just becuase of her shots - fingers crossed that was the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...