"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Heal the Wound

Well I didn't think that August 29 was going to really be that hard of a day becuase we are so blessed and so happy for what has transpired becuase of it, but honestly it was a hard day.  A year ago to date we received the news that the little baby girl that we had been praying for for the past 7 months was not going to be joining our family.  On my way to work I couldn't help but relive the day and where I was at and what I was doing when I received the devastating news.  That definitely was not a great way to start off the day, but I just couldn't figure out why it still hurt so bad knowing that it had to happen in order for our perfect little princess Adelé and remarkable Allison to enter into our lives and family. 
After painfully getting through the day I went for my afternoon run.  The song that came across my pandora was just how I was feeling.  
I couldn't help but think how badly it hurt a year ago, but the way in which  the Lord has blessed us in that time is unbelievable. I am so grateful for the Lord and his ability to heal.  Through our temple attendance, scripture study, and magnifying our callings we were able to heal from this heartbreak. When we were in the moment and going through the trial we felt as though it was never going to end, but much like other trials that are this hard the blessing received is tenfold.   We could not have asked for a more perfect situation, but it does still hurt.  There still is a scar there and on August 29 I realized that my love for the little one is still there and I only hope the best for their family. 
Looking back it was only but a small moment compared to the joy we now have in our life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...