"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day 2013

Last year on Labor Day we were making a crazy trip to Idaho Falls that involved very little sleep but a lot of good family time, this year was complete opposite!  We fortunately had plenty of sleep and were still able to have a lot of good quality family time.  We thought we were going to drive up to Everett to spend the weekend with my grandparents on Friday evening, but when I got home from work we were all exhausted so opted to sleep at our house and drive up in the morning.
I love living in the Northwest, my run Saturday was magnificent!
Adelé didn't want to play with her toys while I got ready so instead joined me in front of the mirror
Saturday morning we loaded up the car and started on an adventure.  We first stopped and had lunch with Bob and Carol (Adelé's birth great-grandparents), I am so glad that we got to spend some time with them.  They are so fun to talk with and I always feel re-energized after spending time with them!  As I mentioned in previous posts Adelé is beginning to get a little big of stranger danger, but she was perfectly content to let Great Grandma Carol hold her. We tried out a new park in Mill Creek and after walking almost completely around the park we were able to find a nice little place for a picnic.  It was so good to see them and I am glad that we got to connect before they head off for more of their adventures!  (I forgot to take any pictures with them - I am a horrible person!)
She is growing so fast, we put her in her stroller without her car seat!


After we spent time with Allison's Grand Parents we headed over to mine.  I love spending time with Grandma and Grandpa.  I wish we lived a little bit closer, but I guess living within an hour and a half is close enough really.  It was so nice just to go and relax and enjoy the long weekend. Adelé especially loved Grandpa George.  


We also got to spend some time at Dave and Michele's, our poor little Lily didn't learn her lesson last year and fell into their pond again.  Silly little dog!  

Monday morning we headed back home to get back to the grind.  It's so nice to have Grandma and Grandpa so close so we can just get away for the weekend occasionally.  Adelé was excited to get back home and go to mutual to play with all of her 15 year old girl friends.  Oley's response to that, "well she talks as much as a 15 year old, no wonder they get along!"
We love our little bug!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...