"Doubt Not But Be Believing"

Monday, August 19, 2013

Road Trip

Well the dreaded day came when we had to actually drive to the relay race I hadn't trained well for.  But I signed up so I was going to do it.  Now looking back had I known how physically draining the whole trip was going to be on me I may have never of dreamed of going.  But live and learn right.  We embarked on our journey on Wednesday night after I got home from work.
I got the privledge of driving the first half of the trip and Oley took over after dinner.  Lucky for him Adelé chose to sleep the whole 4 hours that he was responsible for caring for her.  When it was my turn she screamed and screamed.  It got to the point where we stopped at a gas station just to try to put her to sleep and every time we would put her back in the car seat she would wake up and scream.  Oh the joys of traveling with a 3 month old!  Welcome to Parenthood - right!
We finally arrived at Lauralynn and Doug's house in Boise in the wee hours of morning.  Oley had a birthday certificate to the Brazilian BBQ and so he wanted to eat there with Doug.  That morning we got to babysit little Kaylynn.  Cute little bug! 




I also was able to get some newborn shots of Kaylynn.  



Since our first adventure in the car was so successful we opted to wait till Adelé was asleep to finish our journey to Idaho Falls. Adelé did well the rest of the way.  Our dogs on the other hand were having anxiety attacks.  Last time we were in Idaho brought a baby home with us so when they saw us holding Laur and Doug's new baby they were unsure what was happening.  Poor little puppies! 
While in Idaho Falls we were able to see a little bit of my family but not for very long unfortunately, as well as Allison's for a short little time.  But what little time we did get was good!  I was unable to see any of Oley's family but he spent the majority of the two days I was running with them - Adelé got to spend some quality time with at least one set of grandparents, so that was good.  Oley is not as good at remembering to take pictures so there aren't any of Adelé the two days I was running.  But there are for the other days!
 Oley's mom does hand molds and was able to get Adelé's hands done while they were up in June.  Oley was so glad that it was the same as his. 
My mom absolutely spoils Oley.  He asked her to make an oreo cake for his birthday and what are the odds she did.  She's spectacular!
 Oden Loves his new cousin.
The run was rough!  I don't know how else to describe it.  I should have trained more.  The worst part was that I wasn't able to sleep that night and we were traveling back to Boise the next night.  But it was fun!




 The race ended in Jackson. Which was really pretty. 


My mom, Robyn, and Kathy were awesome enough to come and volunteer so I came home with them.  That night we had to return the van we used for the relay to Pocatello and it had to be there by midnight.  We got the van there by 11 but the airport was locked.  So we left the keys in our townhouse and hoped we could find someone to figure it out in the morning. We only made it to Twin Falls before we both had to stop to sleep a little before we continued onto Boise (less than 2 hours of sleep in over 48 is super rough). 
It is so nice to have that half way stop on our trip.  The next day Adelé was not a fan of her trip home but we finally made it! 

This is about how we all felt after her first long road trip.  Here's to another one in a month!!  Yippee!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...